BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

7.27.2007

2 Days and 3 Nights...

Jesus God I am tired.

No, I'm not tired for the usual reasons. I sent the kiddies packing earlier in the week so I could attempt to get this house straight. Gonna take a LOT more than 2 days to get this place together but I got a lot done and I'm feeling good about it.

I dropped the girls off at my parents house Wednesday evening. The plan was to go home and clean and pull something close to an all nighter; Get up early Thursday morning and get in to work by 6 so I could get off at 2:30 and come home, clean and pull another late nighter and repeat on Friday. Pick the kids up on Saturday.

What happened was this:

-got home Wednesday night. I ate dinner while it was still piping hot and did not have to share it, get up and refill plates or glasses, nor did I have to coax a certain someone to "eat for mommy" or tell anyone to "stop hurling food this minute".

-looked at all that needed to be done, cuddled the cat for about 5 minutes and promptly hauled my tired ass to bed. I slept all night, HARD, in one position and woke with a hellified crick in my neck.

- Thursday after work was really when I dove into the muck. Tired my ass out completely, but not so much that I couldn't go out for Chinese food which, once again, I didn't have to share... well, I shared with the cat but she doesn't eat much so it didn't count. Another lovely, childless evening marred only by the fact that I had to toss out every single speck of food in my refridgerator and freezer because of the amount of time the power was off. I opened the door to the fridge and was hit with rancid food smell. Nothing salvaged but some freeze pops and ketchup. Bummer.

-by Friday I am worn the fuck out. Who knew I had so much shit? I started with nothing and now... even after purging tons of stuff I still feel like I have too much. And I do. The kids have way too many toys and stuffed animals (I swear they are humping the night away because they seem to multiply like jackrabbits). I have clothes and crap everywhere. But I'm working through it. I can see floors again and I hauled bag after bag of trash, toys, and clothes to the dumpster.

And before anyone emails me scolding that I should've donated the clothes, I normally do donate. But not clothing soaked in cat pee. That's just gross.

I also discovered why the cat has been on a pissing spree as of late but I'm too tired to go into it right now.

I'm going to bed.

0 comments: