BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

12.16.2006

Breathe deeply...

Another week gone by, but not nearly as hectic or stressful as weeks prior. The financial issues, for now, have been resolved. It took me swallowing my pride and asking for help but the bills and rent are paid.

That pride thing is a big issue with me. As a child I may not have had the security of a "loving" home atmosphere but my father made sure that I was well taken care of. I had toys galore, a private education and until my teenage years I lacked nothing. Yet, despite the constant flow of materialistic matter coupled with the fact that I had no siblings, I was never considered to be a spoiled child. To the contrary, as I grew older I began to loathe it because people naturally assumed I was spoiled rotten. I didn't ask for all the things I had, my dad just bought them. Ironically enough, the things I wanted and did ask for I didn't get. I tease him to this day about that. But for whatever reason people naturally assumed then and now that all I had to do was ask and daddy would provide. That irritates the crap out of me. And whenever I got into a jam of any sort, people figure I go running to mommy and daddy and they would bail me out. For that reason alone

0 comments: