BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

10.06.2006

Guess What?!

Guess what?

I'm happy.

Shh. Don't tell anyone.

Want to know why?

Because I am having my DVR installed by Comcast today and I am so FREAKING thrilled to finally get it.

Why might you ask? Because I am a total TLC/Discovery Channel/Travel Channel/HGTV/Style/E! junkie.

And I'm a complete Most Haunted slut. I love that show. And I almost always miss it because I either a)fall asleep before 10 when it comes on, or b) forget and then when it repeats at like 1AM I'm too chicken to watch it alone in the dark.

See, the thing is everyone that knows me knows I am the biggest chicken in the world when it comes to scary stuff. Even mildly scary stuff. I mean (and I say this with shame) the scariest movie I could watch from beginning to end was Killer Clowns From Outer Space. But hey, I was like 10 or 11 years old at the time. Oh and don't even think about showing me a movies involving dolls.

shudder

Remember Talking Tina from the Twilight Zone? That episode still creeps me out and forever ruined me sleeping with a doll ever again as a little girl. And those ventriloquist dummies? I remember seeing a movie that scared the shit out of me as a kid and to this day I hate those things. There's even a Jimmy Neutron episode with one in it and THAT scared me.

So how come I can watch Most Haunted now? All the spooky ghosties, possessions and bumps in the night? I dunno. It makes me jumpy as hell around the house at night. But for some reason I love this show and all the paranormal shows that flit around the Discovery Channel and Biography Channel, like Ghost Towns, Dead Famous, America's Most Haunted Places.

And now, I can record each and every episode and more and prove that I am Discovery Channel and TLC's bitch.

Because really. How can you not get enough of Little People, Big World?

And Neat? And Clean House? And What Not To Wear? OHHH and Iron Chef America and Paula Dean on the Food Network?!

The absolutely hilarious thing about this entire post is that for years I've always hated to watch tv. Unless it was educational and I suppose all the shows I listed above are educational since I'm learning something (duh, TLC = The Learning Channel. Stupid I am.).

But now? I'm getting moist at having something remotely similar to TiVo. And I can't WAIT for the cable dude to get here.

Happy. Very, very happy.

0 comments: