BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

8.10.2007

Of Rats and Men...

Let's switch gears for a moment or two.

Instead of my usual bitching and moaning and griping about men and what absolute fucktards they all happen to be, allow me to tell you why I don't give up on men entirely. What keeps me going and keeps me inspired.

All men aren't lying, cheating, deceitful, craven little fucking shitheads. It's just that all the men I know are lying, cheating, deceitful, craven little fucking shitheads. I don't despise them entirely, primarily because every time I decide I am "through with them" (a.k.a. "I don't need/want a man") I find an all new reason to not give up hope on the species as a whole.

Men are sexy, plain and simple. And I don't mean just in the physical sense. There have been men that I've come across that I do not find attractive in the least physically. But then there will be one feature on him that can make him sexy. Things that I notice and find sexy are probably different that what other women note. To me the way a man walks can be sexy, whether it's the soft handed businessman in a suit that hustles off to his morning meeting with that tight little "white" walk; or the thug on the corner in the worst of neighborhoods with his pants, not down by his knees but resting comfortably on his waist and his pace is more of a glide as he walks down the sidewalk to the beat of the music blasting 3 blocks away.

So many things men do that can drive me mad with desire. The sight of a thin gold bracelet nestled in arm hair, peeking from underneath the cuff of his shirt. The timbre of his voice as it resonates deep in his chest as he patiently describes something I haven't the least bit of interest in... A man with a fresh haircut, freshly groomed and showered can make me swoon. Even if I don't know him I can still envision and feel the back of his head and neck in my mind's eye. A black man in a well tailored suit, outside a courtroom and not attending a funeral or making a spectacle of himself on Sunday drives me wild. I love a man's natural scent, his fresh out of the shower smell. Not the layers of thick, cloying cologne that EVERYONE seems to preserve themselves in like formaldehyde.

His face doesn't matter, nor his physique, all men have something of beauty on them. I'm actually partial to men that aren't slender. I love a big man. Something about their girth appeals to me though I can't put my finger on it exactly. I love the power they exude.

That's it... that is the single, sexiest thing I think any man could possess. Power. It's what draws women in to him. Men like Bill Clinton, for example. Bill isn't exactly a dreamy hunk of a man. He wasn't particularly handsome as a young man either. But as President of the world's strongest nation he skyrocketed to the top of the sexy list. He had power and he wielded well. Monica Lewinsky is and was a fool for what she did. But power doesn't have to be over a nation, or even a person to be noticed. Power of the mind and body (notice I did not say over... I said of...), power over machinery, power period in any form is the ultimate aphrodesiac.

I don't give up on all men. I just give up on the ones I know. But truthfully, I'm not looking for a man. I don't frequent the places that would bring me the right "type" of guy. The intellect, the passion, the power I seek I would never find in the places I go routinely. All the men I usually meet are at work or around it.

And they're all lying, deceitful, cheating...

0 comments: