BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

8.29.2007

Oh man...

I hate YouTube.

I rarely go to the site, and only visited because I was looking at this insanely old video I couldn't recall in the ole memory banks.

And then I looked up another video.

And another...

And I was smiling from the memories. Things I hadn't seen since grade school. Hell, things I hadn't thought of since grade school. School girl crushes on boy bands. Friendship bracelets and jelly shoes. Back when you could buy candy from the ice cream man and getting a boyfriend meant beating his ass on the playground to gain both his attention and respect.

Wow. And man I feel old. I wonder... did we realize how unbelievably WHACK we were back then? As if the fashions weren't bad enough, with the mushroom/gumby hairstyles and biker shorts with tanks and suspenders (Hello, Bobby Brown a la "Every Little Step") and rope chains. But the dances? And the... the... innocence of it all. Despite the corruption everywhere - and back then it was the War on Drugs, not terror- there was a certain underlying innocence that is gone today.

Call me old fashioned, but I miss that.

0 comments: